Sunday, February 28, 2010

How do you take care of natural hair?

I stopped getting perms months ago, but I need to know more about this whole natural hair care thing. Last night when I was putting some oil in my hair, I noticed that my roots were extremely thick, but my ends are thin. What's up with that? Are the permed ends growing out or something. I also have been using Mane and Tale, but I'm going to switch to Organic Olive Oil products. What do you use? How can I get my hair to grow long and thick?How do you take care of natural hair?
Just so you know there is nothing organic about the organic olive oil products other than the word organic on the label. they use no certified organic products in their products and they can get away with this because cosmetics are not regulated by the USDA and thus the USDA organic program does not cover cosmetics. this means they can package nuclear waste and call it organic legally. You need to read the labels and look for the word organic in the ingredients and also make sure no parabens ( a known carcinogen) are being used





http://www.organicconsumers.org has a campaign to make organic cosmetics really organic. they also have a list of who makes for real organic soaps, shampoos, make-up, etc..





Mane and Tail is a horse shampoo but it is a terrific shampoo for human heads as well and is missing some nasty ingredients like parabens. Not organic but closer than a lot of products claiming to be organic.How do you take care of natural hair?
Isn't mane and tale a horse shampoo? Perm is a bad solution, did you use Alkaline or Acid perm? Also, to take care of your hair, use Pantene Repair and Protect shampoo, and conditioner, and also a tub that is a replenish conditioning treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment