Friday, February 26, 2010

How can I make my own natural hair Glue?

I have considered options like honey or trea sap and I dont know which is safe for the hair. Honey might be a little to weak. I do not which to continue using the hair salon glue because it was a 100 different chemical ingredients and it causes a very itchy scalp. Can anyone give me any advice here?How can I make my own natural hair Glue?
How about toothpaste?





One of my former classmates' moms used to do that to his hair.How can I make my own natural hair Glue?
Back in the 40's, my mom used FLAX seed to make hair setting gel. I would assume if you used more seeds and created a stronger infusion, you could get something even stiffer. Start out with 1 tablespoon of flax seeds (available at the health food store) to 1-1/2 cups water and simmer with the lid on for 10 to 15 minutes, remove lid and simmer until it starts to thicken. Strain, cool and experiment to see if this is thick enough for the desired effect. Can't be anything but good for your hair, scalp %26amp; hands.





(Flax is called Linseed in Europe.)
youre going to have bees chasing you with sugar or honey on your head..there are other companies that sell extention glue ..but seriously its sweat and clogged pores making you itch..its easier in the winter months
Why you don't try Weleda products, that brand have all natural, without chemicals.
You can use aloe Vera gel and add powdered sugar, use a whisk to add a little powdered sugar gradually. You probably would only use a couple of tablespoons of powdered sugar to a cup (8oz) aloe Vera. Another great thing, however I don't know how well this would work for everyday use, put I use powdered sugar and water for hairspray. It works great and washes away easily.


Another recipe that I know works, but you may have a time finding on the ingredients to make it, just to benefit from cost, but my Friend makes it and carries it at her shop. You can email her for the product info and cost, b/c it's not on her website. Email me for her contact info and I know that the cost would be less than $10 and it's all natural with natural preservatives.
Back in the 80s I did the whole punk rock scene and had a huge foot tall mohawk that I kept stiffened with apple pectin. You buy it in the grocery store in the area where the canning stuff is or near where the jello is. I know they still make it because I often get a grin when I see it walking past and think of 'back in the day'. It is made by Knox
Don't use any?

No comments:

Post a Comment