Friday, February 26, 2010

How do I get my dyed hair and natural hair color to change?

Well I dyed my hair black in August 2006, and since then it's grown out over 4 inches, and the lady at the salon said to dye it all black so it can be lightened and highlight. So she did a strand test and the top half was blond and the bottom half was like an orange blonde. But, before I dyed it black, I bleach my whole hair which then turned orangey blonde (cus before I had it bleached out and dyed auburn) and dyed it brown. Then I got highlights on the top half of my hair. Would this be the same thing? That's how I colored my hair before I dyed it black. So I want to get it light reddish brown, but still the lady insist I let my hair grow out or dye it black then come back to the salon. Her Co-worker who did my hair before just bleached the highlighted parts and used a toner. I guess it depends on the hair stylist? Or am I just repeating myself?How do I get my dyed hair and natural hair color to change?
To get the best possible colour in your hair, particularly if you want to lighten it, you need to put a decolorant through it, such as peroxide. This will bring all of your hair to a basic blonde, depending on how long you leave the bleach in. Then, you can put any colour through your hair. However, if you are intending to go dark, it's probably a good idea to put a red in before the colour you want. That way the colour will grab, and if you want brown, and you just dye straight over blonde hair, it could turn green.


This is only if you're using permanent colours, of course. If you decide on a semi-permanent or tone on tone colour, it's a different process.


The best way to do it is to go to a hairdresser, because if you mess it up it could be bad.


Also, make sure you use a shampoo and conditioner that moisturises intensely and is designed for coloured hair, because colouring your hair that much seriously damages it.

No comments:

Post a Comment