Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How do I transition from locs to my natural hair?

I have had locs for about three years. I am ready to cut them off. I know I need to cut them. But, what should be my next step? Should I wear my natural hair in braids? How should I wear my hair to support healthy hair growth? Has anyone gone through this process and can give me some insight on starting over again from dreadlocks?How do I transition from locs to my natural hair?
Hey, I had dreads for 5 years and although I didn't want to I cut them. I highly recommend you go to someone who has experience cutting dreads. I asked around and found a woman who had done it before which was great because she saved as much hair length as she could. Also be prepared to be sitting for awhile, I was at the salon about 2 to 3 hours!!How do I transition from locs to my natural hair?
I used to rock a bald head, so it was nothing for me to go back to that state. Eventhough, I felt like I had lost a friend when I cut them off. Other wise your hair will grow back as it was before, and I don't know your style so whether you go back to processed or natural is up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment