Sunday, February 28, 2010

How often should you wash natural hair?

Im keeping my hair natural and use Nexxus hair products, but how often should I do that?How often should you wash natural hair?
If you are using air products should wash everyday, though if dry just use conditioner every other day and see if this helps from build-up on your scalp or you may need to try to use something for dry scalp if needed every dayHow often should you wash natural hair?
I wash my hair 1-3 times a week because I like to keep my hair clean and free of build-up, and I do a deep condition once a week. My hair is short right now so I don't have a problem with washing it often because it doesn't take more than 10 minutes. Once it gets longer then I might cut it down to a once a week deep conditioner and detangling session. You can co-wash (wash with conditioner) every day and the conditioner will get rid of most of the dirt and oils from your hair, except products that are not water soluable, hard water, and some minerals. Also, the conditioner will build up over time so you will have to eventually clarify with homemade ingredients or use shampoo. Some naturals only shampoo once a month (or clarify) and co-wash the rest of the time.





If you co-wash then use a moisturizing conditioner. Most shampoos contain a drying agent (SLS) that leaves the hair dry after shampooing. This is a harsh ingredient for natural hair and this is why many naturals, and people with very curly hair, will co-wash or use organic shampoos and conditioners. Organic products don't contain this drying agent and helps your hair retain moisture.
If your hair is curly or very brittle, about once a week.





Mine Please?: http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind鈥?/a>
If you have dry hair, then every other day. If you have greasy or medium hair, then every day.
Usually every other day but you shower everyday but if you have bad hair everyday.
I think every other day
For normal hair , I think twice a week is enough for you .
you should wash your hair every other day


but it depends how long your hair is

No comments:

Post a Comment