Sunday, February 28, 2010

How can I strip my highlights safely and go back to my natural hair color?

Hi, I'm 6 weeks pregnant and although I've read that it's safe to highlight hair while pregnant, I've decided against it. I want to take out my blonde highlights and return to my natural, darker blonde hair color while I'm pregnant. Any advice or products to recommend? Thanks!How can I strip my highlights safely and go back to my natural hair color?
You can't ';take out'; highlights. The only thing you can do is to dye them the same color as the rest of your hairHow can I strip my highlights safely and go back to my natural hair color?
The danger in coloring your hair while pregnant is the small, it is basically like snorting and can cause the baby brain damage (there is no danger in having the chemicals on your head). So if you cover your nose and do it in a well ventilated area you are safe. This danger is really only present while you are in the first trimester, after that you'll be alright without the towel or mask over your nose. Highlights are hair that has been stripped of color, color hasn't been added to it (hair dye isn't like paint, it is a chemical process). The only way to change the color of your hair is by altering the concentration of molecules in the hair shaft and this has to be done with chemicals, sorry. You will need a permanent blonde dye, it will darken your highlights. What about the rest of your hair? If the base color of your hair is darker and you want to lighten it, then you'll have to bleach it. If it is where you want it to be, just put the dye on the whole thing to even it out. But once again, this can only be done with dye.

No comments:

Post a Comment