Saturday, February 20, 2010

How can I get my natural hair back after chemically straightening it?

I'm regretting getting my hair straightened two months ago which has severely damaged my hair. Now, I want my natural wavy hair back. Is there any way I can make the chemicals go away faster? Cutting my hair is not an option since it is still fairly short (medium length).How can I get my natural hair back after chemically straightening it?
Unfortunately, there is no way to remove the chemicals. You have to cut off the hair you straightened.





You can transition out of the straight look by setting your hair on rollers to get the curly/wavy look back while periodically trimming off the ends. I wouldn't recommend curling your hair with a curling iron since it is already damaged.





There are many things you can do to maximize the growth of your hair; that way your natural waves will grow out more quickly. Try drinking lots of water, fruits and veggies, healthy protein, a multivitamin, scalp massage. Basically, the healthier your body is, the faster your hair will grow, *but* most people will only grow 1/2'; a month at best. Still, that could be a whole new head of hair pretty soon if your hair is medium length.





Hope this helps, Kaya


http://www.naturallyyoumagazine.comHow can I get my natural hair back after chemically straightening it?
Glad you found my answer helpful.

Report Abuse



unfortunately, you're just gonna have to let it grow out. don't put anymore chemicals in it, but wash it as you normally would with an extra moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. also use a leave in conditioner. it's important that you not let your hair get too dry and weak during the transition. if you wanna match the natural hair with the straightening, you can either flat iron the new growth, or not do anything to the chemically treated part (if that makes sense), so it will not be so straight. i hope this help, and best of luck!
u have to wait till u get new growth


it will take some time

No comments:

Post a Comment